Theme N View

‘Our situation is comfortable’: Qatar refuses to comply with deadline to meet 13 demands of Arab nations

‘Our situation is comfortable’: Qatar refuses to comply with deadline to meet 13 demands of Arab nations

‘Our situation is comfortable’: Qatar refuses to comply with deadline to meet 13 demands of Arab nations

Upon a serious request, Qatar insisted Friday that it can indefinitely survive the economic and diplomatic measures that its neighbors have taken to try to comply with pressure, although a senior emirate official warned the small country is preparing to crush a long economy term.

Taking into account 10 days to make a decision, Qatar said it was examining the specific concessions demanded from the small Persian Gulf nation, which included the partition of Al Jazeera and the reduction of ties with the Muslim Brotherhood.

However, Qatar officials have not moved from their previous insistence on not sitting with Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries to negotiate the end of the crisis under the seat.

“I can assure you that our current situation is very comfortable,” United States Qatari ambassador Meshal bin Hamad Al Thani told the AP. “Qatar could go on forever like this without any problem.”

Asked about the fact that Qatar has felt the pressure to quickly resolve the crisis, he said: “No, not at all.”

While the United States has moved away from any central mediation role, all parties seemed to settle for a potentially prolonged crisis.

Qatar’s neighbors stressed the fact that their list of 13 claims points was their result, not a starting point for negotiations.

If Qatar refuses to meet the deadline, Arab countries have indicated that they will continue indefinitely to restrict access to land, sea and air, as economic pressure on Qatar increases.

“The measures taken are here to stay until there is a long-term solution to the issue,” said Ambassador Emirate in the United States. Yousef al-Otaiba said in an interview.

They suggest that the sanctions are so economic and diplomatic, he said there is no military component to it.

After urging Qatari’s neighbors to offer “reasonable and viable” requests, the United States sought to move away from the crisis on the day after publication by the Arab countries in a list that includes several provisions that Qatar already Had declared that he could not or did not want to accept.

But the ultimatum was quickly rejected by Qatar’s ally Turkey, and launched as an attack on freedom of expression by Al-Jazeera, the Qatari chain that the neighboring country rich in gas needs to be closed.

Saudi, emirates, Egyptians and Bahrain applications is a call for a comprehensive review of Qatar’s foreign policy and the exchange of natural gas-financed influence in the region.

Compliance would require Qatar to align its policies on the regional vision of Saudi Arabia, the largest economy in the Middle East and the guardian of Qatar’s only land border.

“This essentially reflects an attempt by these countries to eliminate free media and undermine our sovereignty,” said Al Thani, the Qatari envoy.

“They are trying to impose their views on how issues should be addressed in the Middle East.” “They are the aggressors,” he added.

Applications include news closing, including Al-Jazeera and its affiliates; To curb diplomatic relations with Iran; And the separation of all ties with Islamist groups, including the Muslim Brotherhood.

The United Arab Emirates said the list was intended to be confidential. AP obtained a copy of one of the countries involved in the conflict.

The four countries have severed ties with Qatar earlier this month on allegations that terrorist funds – a charge that President Donald Trump echoed.

Qatar vehemently denies funding or support extremism, but acknowledges that it allows members of some extremist groups like Hamas to live in Qatar, arguing that fostering dialogue is essential to resolving global conflicts.

The movement of Qatar’s neighbors was allowed de facto blockade.

Although residents have a run at the supermarket, in the days following the crisis, the situation has calmed since Qatar has secured alternative sources of food imported from Turkey and elsewhere.

Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide

Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide

Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide

BEIJING: Chinese rescue crews have covered the rocks Saturday in a frenzied search of more than 140 feared people buried after the landslide crashed in a mountain village in Sichuan Province, southwest.

A couple and a baby were rescued and taken to hospital after more than 40 homes in the town of Xinmo were swallowed by huge rocks when a mountainside collapsed, according to the Maoxin County government.

At least 141 people and 46 houses were buried, People newspaper published a spokesman for the Maoxin County Government.

The landslide blocked a two kilometer (one mile) stretch and a 1.6 kilometer road.

Rescue teams used ropes to move a massive rock, while dozens of others searched the debris for survivors, according to videos released by the Maoxian government on their Weibo social networking account.

Heavy bulldozers and bulldozers have also been made to remove rocks, the images showed. Doctors were seen treating a woman on a road.

Wang Yongbo, one of the local officials in charge of the rescue work, said the vital signs of one of the survivors “are weak.”

“This is the largest landslide in this area since the Wenchuan earthquake,” he said, referring to the catastrophe that killed 87,000 people in 2008 in a city in Sichuan.

Local Police captain Chen Tiebo said that heavy rains that hit the region in recent days caused landslides.

“There are several tons of rock,” he told CCTV.
“This is a seismic zone here. There is not much vegetation,” Chen said.

Trees can help absorb excess rainfall and prevent landslides.
About 500 people participated in the rescue work, according to CCTV.

An emergency response “to the catastrophic first-class geological disaster” is underway, the local government said, adding that the magnitude of the landslide was not yet clear.

A report from the official Xinhua news agency said the landslide came from a mountaintop in Aba Qiang’s Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture and collapsed.

The landslide hit the village at 6:00 a.m. (22:00 GMT).

President Xi Jinping called on the rescue teams to “spare no effort” in finding survivors, according to CCTV.

Landslides are a common hazard in China’s rural and mountainous regions, especially during heavy rains.

At least 12 people were killed in January, when a landslide crushed a hotel in central Hubei province.

In October, landslides hit eastern China in the wake of typhoon Megi brought on by torrential rains, causing damage and killing at least eight people.

More than 70 people were killed by a landslide at the Shenzhen Mall in southern December 2015, due to inadequate waste disposal.

One of the deadliest landslides occurred in 1991, when 216 people died in southwest Yunnan province.

‘Suicide Attack’ On Grand Mosque In Mecca Foiled, 6 Injured: Saudi Cops

'Suicide Attack' On Grand Mosque In Mecca Foiled, 6 Injured: Saudi Cops

‘Suicide Attack’ On Grand Mosque In Mecca Foiled, 6 Injured: Saudi Cops

The suicide killed in Mecca
Police arrested five suspects, including one woman, after raids

Saudi Arabia has faced periodic bombings and shootings since 2014

Six foreign pilgrims were injured in Saudi Arabia on Friday when a suicide bomber for the healthiest Mecca of Islam site exploded, the Interior Ministry said.

The incident occurred around the Great Mosque, where hundreds of thousands of worshipers gathered for early afternoon prayer, the last Friday of Ramadan this year, the month of Muslim fasting.

Ministry spokesman Mansour al-Turki told Saudi television that the police “frustrated the terrorist plan was the security of the Great Mosque, pilgrims and worshipers.”

In the sunrise raids to Mecca and the Red Sea city, Jeddah agents detained five suspects, including one woman, before surrounding the bomber’s location around the Great Mosque.

“Unfortunately, he started firing on security personnel when he realized his presence in the region, which resulted in an exchange of shots before he exploded,” Turki said.

The explosion partially collapsed the building where he took refuge, wounding six pilgrims told them Turki.

He added that four had been discharged, and five security men were also slightly injured.

Since late 2014, Saudi Arabia has faced periodic bombings and shootings claimed by ISIS.

Presumed images of the scene that were circulating on social networks showed a brick-filled footbridge and other seemingly explosive debris.

The video showed what appeared to be the head of a bearded man who was among the debris of a collapsed structure.

Terrorist capacity

Near the end of Ramadan last year in the Saudi city of Medina, four security officers were killed in an explosion near the second holiest site in Islam, the Prophet’s mosque.

It was one of three suicide bombings in the entire kingdom, the same day seven people died. The other occurred in Jeddah and in the Gulf city of Qatif.

The United States Central Intelligence Agency said the attacks carried the characteristics of ISIS.

Most of the targets in Saudi Arabia were Shi’ite minority and security forces, killing dozens of people.

ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi called the attacks on the kingdom, a member of the US-led coalition fighting the group in Syria and Iraq.

Since July last year, police have arrested 40 people, including Saudis and Pakistanis for alleged extremist links.

Anti-terrorism capabilities of Saudi Arabia – which for years were led by Prince Mohammed bin Nayef – are well regarded internationally.

Wednesday, Prince Mohammed was expelled from his post and the crown prince of the Interior Minister, replaced as heir to the throne by the son of King Mohammed bin Salman Salman.

The anti-terrorist operation on Friday was the first to take place under the new Interior Minister, Prince Nayef bin Abdulaziz bin Saud, who began 30 years ago.

Controversies surrounding presidential pick Meira Kumar may come back to haunt her

Controversies surrounding presidential pick Meira Kumar may come back to haunt her

Controversies surrounding presidential pick Meira Kumar may come back to haunt her

BJP led the NDA to overcome the opposition by stating that Ram Nath Kovind was their presidential candidate.

He waited for the passing of the ruling party, Congress and another 16 parties announced the name of the former president of Lok Sabha Meira Kumar, making him a dalit dalit in front of the competition.

In addition to the two Dalits, there are other similarities between Ram Nath Kovind and Meira Kumar. One of them is the controversy involving both presidential candidates.

Ram Nath Kovind and Meira Kumar make the laws. While the former was practicing law, he had not.

Kovind erases civil service examinations, but declined the offer, as he was selected in the related services. Meira Kumar was an officer of the Foreign Service of India and worked in several aspects.

Both are also politicians. Meira Kumar also a political career more illustrious than his rival.

Kovind was a Rajya Sabha MP for two periods of Uttar Pradesh tops the BJP Morcha caste. He was also the party’s national spokesman.

Meira Kumar is a member of the five-term Lok Sabha who wins up to, Delhi and Bihar. He was also Minister of Union Cabinet before becoming the representative of the Lok Sabha.

However, the political career of Meira Kumar has been much more controversial than that of Ram Nath Kovind. These controversies came to haunt her.

Former chairman of the Lower House is involved in a serious dispute over the allocation of bungalows in Lutyens Delhi may even end up in trouble at some point.

For allegedly using his influence when he was the speaker, Meira Kumar got a bungalow 6, Krishna Menon Marg converts National Babu Jagjivan Ram Foundation.

She also granted for 25 years until 2038.
Meira Kumar is the daughter of former PM and freedom fighter Babu Jagjivan Ram.

She was the last official occupant until 2002 6, the bungalow Krishna Menon Marg where Jagjivan Ram lived until his death in 1986.

At one point, she had two bungalows in her possession: a 6, Krishna Menon Marg and the other 20, Akbar Road. We were assigned bungalows under their intervention.

However, the conversion of Krishna Menon Marg bungalows into a monument by the previous UPA government and its assignment in the name of the Meira Kumar family for 25 years to a note has been against the Cabinet Council of 2000 date of the Government of NDA to avoid such manipulations.

According to an RTI response, the government slapped on a bill to rent Rs 1.98 crore in Krishna Menon Marg bungalow.

However, Meira Kumar is accused of having waived his dismissal when he was locuteuse.

RTI activist Subhash Chandra Agrawal, who had sought government details, told India Today that the administration’s succession response after a CIC verdict confirmed that the rent bill of Rs 1.98 crore Has been canceled without any registered application.

He said: “The central government must generate the rent bill to recover because the bungalow (6, Krishna Menon Marg) is necessarily kept and illegally occupied as an unofficial monument since the end of Babu Jagjivan Ram after the death of his widow Indrani Devi … the government must also cancel the conversion of the cabin as a monument. ”

He stated that the bungalow became openly “unofficial monument” by successive central governments that have deliberately kept bungalows “abandoned” to allow such “illegal activity invasion and intrusion.”

“The bungalow was used to organize prayer meetings on the birthday and death Jagjivan Ram without permission from the government, but with the presence of senior officials,” he said.

He defended the Center to reject applications from former Union Minister Ajit Singh to convert the bungalow 12 Tuglaq Road into a memorial on behalf of his father and former prime minister Choudhary Charan Singh.

EXPERIMENTAL APPROACH

Designer duo Anjana Bhargav and Ankita Bhargav made their first men’s line with the men’s week. Their range gives the classic Aligarhi kurta a modern avatar. The focus is on kurta shirts that redefine casual luxe. The collection is experimental and creates a look for the modern man that is new age yet extremely wearable. The fabrics are soft cotton knits mixed with silks, woven jacquards and bamboo jerseys.

Deliberately upturning notions of male sensuality and taking it to a new platform even by his own standards- do remember that designer Rohit Bal has put sindoor on his men in the past-the show aptly titled Badmaash was all about playing up passionate men’s sexiness punctuated with a dollop of provocativeness. The show began with a host of bare-chested male models reclining suggestively on the ornate couches set up as props on the runway. Amid loud cheers, the opening sequence saw the boys flexing their gym-toned bodies languidly, showing off the perfect six packs and oozing raw masculinity.

As can be expected from the showman, his collection was a delicate and tasteful fusion of western and Indian silhouettes. There

 

nolluh

rket^^o

Low business

There were tall claims that domestic buyers would be around in plenty at India’s first Men’s Fashion Week here, but were they all in hiding? Even those who were present at the three-day event preferred not to place orders. Apart from domestic buyers, there were a few international buyers as well and according to them, Indian designers have a long way to go

q\j makp. if intp.mfltinnallu wear. “As a market,

perhaps the Indian designer-wear sector isn’t at a stage where it can churn out a high street label similar to the ones available internationally, but it’s just a matter of time and right investments,” said Doris Pietrek, a buyer from US- based store Anthropologe.

Another buyer, David Schneider from the Portuguese store Living Fashion, said he was here just to get a feel of the Indian men’s wear

was an excessive usage of passion colours such as rust, red, plum and flaming orange.

The liberal usage of gold patterns and baroque, the ensemble is from Siddhartha Tytler’s Spring Summer 10 collection, titled Love Look of the

collections and due to recession he would have to keep a check on what he was buying. Designers say they are not disappointed with the business scene – most of them echoed they expected no business – and that it was their duty to participate in India’s first Men’s Fashion Week. Mumbai-based celebrity designer Rocky S chose not to showcase in the stalls

e many takers. “I wasn’t expecting business at all. Hence I chose not to exhibit my collection in the stalls. I was here to support this wonderful initiative,” Rocky said. Though the stalls are spacious, the designers have just displayed their clothes on hangers and very few of them have used mannequins. Though VHIMW is a business-to-business event, most of the designers were not to be found at their stalls.

Day like prints accentuated the party feel of the outfits. The western-style pants were well cut in linear streamlined finish. There were also full-legged loose trousers in draped fall gathered at the ankles. The ornate sherwanis and bandhgalas were embellished with delicate gold work and lotus and peacock motifs in Swarovski. The jackets and waistcoats were structured and sharply tailored. The collection was all about displaying an edgy, naughty side of male dressing and the mood on the runway was created to highlight the unrestrained indulgence to sensuality.

Scroll To Top